My Blog List

My Blog List

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

OIL DEPRESSION!



I believe that many companies depend on oil because it’s needed to transport goods all over the world. Every one depends on oil because with out it our life would be so much complicated, we need to have food and water transported. Also people need to travel and use their cars and heavy machinery daily and with out oil the percentage on unemployment will increase dramatically. There are countries over the world that are destroying their cities causing riots because of the decrease in oil and the increase in prices of certain amount of food products and fuel. I believe that the businesses that are mostly going to get affected and maybe forced to close down are the gas stations, NASA, Air force, air lines, MTA- public transportation and, also the local markets. I believe these businesses will get affected the most because they depend on oil the most, people will not be able to travel or use any sort of public transportation. Instead of driving across town or going to work people will have to walk. The market will also have a major effect on the entire community because with out no goods being transported people will not be able to buy their groceries or fresh foods at their local market they will have to go farther to a supermarket or a farmers market to get their fresh meat and fruit. Both rural areas and suburban areas will get affected because they wouldn’t be able to produce goods and also transport them. Some local businesses that I have seen around my community that have been affected are fast food restaurants, and local markets they have less products in the store and the prices are more expensive. I have seen that many people have been affected and people are continuing to lose their jobs. The actions that we are taking to become more self sustainable are that we are going less to the market and we travel less and don’t waist food. I get myself from one place to another usually in car but when I cant I depend on public transportation either the bus or the metro. Elasticity play a role I this economic crisis because markets and small businesses are losing customers people are going for the less expensive items, why buy a brand name product if the no brand taste the same. People are purchasing items in different stores; they look for the less expensive items available.

No comments:

Post a Comment